Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Epic Fail of a "Punk"

Sometimes, I can be a real idiot.

The Freshmen Society hosted an acquaintance party last night, and in the program had a few bands performing. I was the drummer in one of those bands.

There was one rule to follow when playing: Don’t get loud. Annoying as it seems for the concept of rock music, but this is Catholic school we’re talking about and the sisters can be really conservative. You’ll see what I mean in a bit.

We were the fourth group to play, having to follow two acoustic performances, and a light rock band. Our time came, going to play “Letters to You”, “Careless Whisper” and “My Heart Will Go On” in a punk fashion, and I really mean by punk. We broke that one rule and just played those songs raw, loud, and totally messed up, classic punk rock. Just the way it should be. I even threw in a crazy drum solo at the end of our performance as a bonus.

What was embarrassing is that by the time the band after us started to play, the mics when out, therefore canceling their performance. Turned out one of the members of that band told me that because of how my band played, it ticked off the nuns and they shut down the sound system right away.

I apologized and just helped out clean up the mess everyone left after the party. *facepalms*

No comments:

Post a Comment