Saturday, August 1, 2009

Epic Fail of the "Idiots" of Pop Music

Don't be offended by the title, I'm only referring to the people who love pop music and is stupid enough not to appreciate any other genre of such. Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with guys like Michael Jackson and other stars like him.

It ticks me off when people think that they know sh** about music, when in reality, what they say is completely retarded.

I found this on one of the forums during the "Viva la Vida Infringement" issue some time back. In case you don't know, Joe Satriani filed a lawsuit against Coldplay 'cause their song, "Viva la Vida", sounded similar to Satch's song, "If I Could Fly".

Here it is, as posted by my co-member, Electric_Tomato:

UGH! I'm so frustrated! I don't care what you guys think, I'm just ****ing frustrated and done with all this bull**** pop music and their supporters. I post a bulletin about the "Satriani v.s. Coldplay" thing and my friend sends me a message with a rant from her friend.

"hey this is from my friend jennifer so anything she says has nothing to do with me and is her own opinion so dont get mad at me for it okay!


david you are flipping on crack or something coldplay is ten times better than that sunglasses bald guy
he wishes he could have made that song as good as coldplay
or atleast sing like him. you are obviously an idiot with no music sense whatsoever. playing a guitar with no lyrics is not a song, its a ringtone.
so get over it.
if his song was as good as coldplays it would have been played on top charts as much as coldplays but it wasnt nobody even knew about that song until coldplay made it big. he should be kissing his feet."


I said back:

"Okay. Now its MY turn. FWD this to her.

Satriani has more freaking talent in one finger than those plagiarizing idiots could ever dream of having. The pop music industry is a flippant failure, where being able to write some catchy lyrics is held in higher account than studying musical theory and practicing for years and then writing an intelligent song using actual musicianship. Satriani is hailed as the greatest rock guitarist alive today. Coldplay's music doesn't even deserve the term "rock". You say: "he wishes he could have made that song as good as coldplay". I say: HE WROTE THE SONG IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Look at it this way. Say you work hard for years taking vocal lessons to become a famous, rich pop singer. You are listening to the radio, and someone has stolen your music and just put different lyrics on it and changed the sound slightly. You find out that the song has just hit #1. Are you just going to let them get rich off of your song?!

You say "if his song was as good as coldplays it would have been played on top charts as much as coldplays but it wasnt nobody even knew about that song until coldplay made it"
Once again, he wrote the song in the first place. And, Top Charts work by record sales, and Satriani HAS been on Top Charts, by selling hundreds of thousands of records. Here's some of his albums that have sold countless albums.
1987 - Surfing with the Alien - Platinum (USA)
1988 - Dreaming #11 - Gold (USA)
1989 - Flying in a Blue Dream - Gold (USA)
1992 - The Extremist - Gold (USA)
1993 - Time Machine - Gold (USA)
So don't give me this "he doesn't sell records so he sucks" ****. I don't care if Coldplay has gone Platinum on every record. It come down to talent.


"you are obviously an idiot with no music sense whatsoever. playing a guitar with no lyrics is not a song, its a ringtone."
THATS WHY ITS CALLED MUSIC, NOT SINGING!!! A song doesn't have to have lyrics to be a good song. It's about the music, the actual notes that are being played, and the talent of the MUSICian that knows enough about MUSIC to write good melodies and arrange MUSIC to then record. And ringtone? You mindless, mainstream cattle that follow whatever the newest 5-year trend is disgust me.


I get real pissed every time I read this. Just get gritty for some reason. I know, I know... Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment