Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Epic Fail of the Company Policy

My auntie has a method she uses on all her credit cards and ATM cards. Instead of writing her signature at the back of the card, she writes, "Please request for an I.D." That way, should ever some douche steals her cards, it's gonna be impossible to make transactions 'cause there's no proof that the card is really his. One clever security technique I've learned that I can use in life soon.

My auntie and I were shopping in SM when this happened. We got a few stuff for the laundry shop, like a new iron, some basins, and a pail or two. And just as we finished paying with my auntie's credit card, the cashier wanted to hold back the card 'cause she said that store policy says that the signature on the receipt should match the one of the card. And since there was no signature, it made the card invalid to them. We tried explaining to her that what my auntie did to the card was a security purpose, but the information was impossible to process through that great barrier of thick make-up and skull of hers. She even called her manager, and even the manager didn't know what the fuck to do. She just kept repeating like a broken record, "The company policy clearly states that..." SCREW COMPANY POLICY! If you were in our shoes, you would be as pissed, right?

Jesus Christ of Suburbia....

No comments:

Post a Comment